Coding in Oracle: SQL and PL/SQL
Author: Malcolm Coxall, Editor: Guy Caswell
Formats: EBook, Kindle, Paperback
These guides are designed to rapidly deliver key information about Oracle to the following audience groups:
- Project Managers, Team Leaders, and Testers who are new to Oracle and need rapid access to strategic information about the Oracle development environment.
- Business Analysts, Designers and Software developers who are new to Oracle and need to make a first step in gaining a detailed understanding of the design and development issues involved in Oracle.
1. What are SQL, SQL*Plus and PL/SQL?
2. Basic Components of SQL.
3. Basic SQL Language Syntax.
3.1 SQL Language Elements.
3.2 SQL Operators
3.3 SQL Expressions
3.4 SQL Functions
3.5 SQL Clauses
3.6 SQL Query syntax.
3.7 SQL Data Modification Language syntax (DML).
3.8 SQL Data Definition Language syntax (DDL).
3.9 SQL Data Command Language syntax (DCL).
3.10 SQL Data Types in Oracle
4. Complex SQL constructs: Understanding Joins.
5. Understanding Commit and Rollback.
6. Basic architecture PL/SQL Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
7. Basic PL/SQL Language syntax.
8. PL/SQL Exception handling.
9. SQL and PL/SQL: some standards for good coding appearance.
10. Performance issues when coding in SQL
11. Installing and using a SQL*Plus client
12. SQL – PL/SQL Development Tools
13. Glossary of Terms.
How to Buy