Oracle Basics: Database & Tools
Author: Malcolm Coxall, Editor: Guy Caswell
Formats: EBook, Kindle, Paperback
This is Part 1 of a series of quick learning guides for Oracle designers,developers and managers. Part 1 introduces completely new entrants to the Oracle environment about Relational
principles and history, the background of Oracle, the products, database architecture, installation, Oracle and 3rd party database and design tools and provides a glossary of basic Oracle terminology and simple explanations of their meaning. These guides are designed to rapidly deliver key information about Oracle to the following audience groups:
- Project Managers, Team Leaders, and Testers who are new to Oracle and need rapid access to strategic information about the Oracle development environment.
- Business Analysts, Designers and Software developers who are new to Oracle and need to make a first step in gaining a detailed understanding of the design and development issues involved in Oracle.
Part 1 assumes that the reader has no knowledge of Oracle whatsoever. The contents of Part 1 include the following subject headings:
2. Relational databases: – An introduction.
3. How relational databases impact software development.
4. Basic descriptions of Oracle products.
5. The Oracle database architecture.
6. Tools: Oracle’s own design / development tools.
7. Implementing Oracle DB and Oracle tools – Overview.
8. Various 3rd Party Tools: Quick review.
9. Glossary of Terms.
10. Other sources of information.
How to Buy: